- 10W CW TX power (unmodulated carrier)
- Built in VSWR meter for antenna checks, tuning and transmitter protection
- 25Khz and 8.33Khz fully compliant receiver and transmitter
- Offset carrier support for all classes
- Automatic store and recall of last received transmissions (up to 1 minute total)
- Two place digital intercom with advanced VOX
- 12/14V to 24/28VDC operation, lowest power consumption in class
- Rugged mechanical design
- Very low cost
The V16 VHF airband transceiver is a split module design. This allows great flexibility of use. Connect to an MGL iEFIS and use the EFIS as control head for a low cost, minimum panel space design or fit a Razor 3.1/8” touch screen control head or a Vega 2.25” control head – or fit any combination of these if you would like to control your radio from different stations.
In combination with the MGL N16 navigation receiver (available soon) build a NAV/COM solution supporting industry standard protocols at lowest cost yet with a performance exceeding the most expensive current solutions !
Both the V16 and N16 are built around a newly developed high performance direct conversion receiver architecture that avoids many of the problems present in traditional radios while offering possibilities simply not practical with older technology.
Supplied with the V16:
- D25 solder bucket connector with gray plastic shell.
- SMA to RG58 (or similar) antenna cable crimp connector.
- Abbreviated, printed manual.
Documents for download